Update: New Version is available over here: Nokia Maps 3.9.8 – Nokia Drive 3.9.4 – Offline
Now you can explore and navigate the world around you even faster. Open Maps, Drive, Check in and Guides with a just tap on your home screen. See where you are on a map, search for places anywhere in the world and get there with free Walk and Drive navigation in 90 countries. Easily check in to places and keep your friends in the loop on Foursquare, Facebook, Twitter and many other social networks.
Nokia Maps v3.8 is here with big changes in Drive. You can avoid gridlock and other road blocks with our live traffic routing feature. We’ve also changed the whole look & feel – cleaned up the layout and increased the size of the buttons for easier use. You can now change your settings in Drive and set a contact as a destination. Take it for a test drive and tell us what you think!
What’s different from v3.7?
● Live traffic routing takes traffic information into account to avoid traffic jams automatically (available in Germany, France, US, UK and Russia).
● Turn on “Avoid traffic” in your “Route settings” to take traffic conditions into account while you drive. Always get the best route for right now.
New Drive look & feel – home screen now has buttons for “Set destination,” “Drive home” and “Just drive.”
● “Just drive” or Drive assistance shows your accurate speed, gives speed warnings, the distance driven and real time traffic.
● New information bar on Drive navigation and Drive assistance screens.
● Also easily toggle between Estimated Time of Arrival in minutes or distance to your destination – just tap the icon on the screen.
● New option menus in Drive.
● Set a contact as a destination.
● Easily change your settings during Drive navigation. Changes in settings are immediate and can been seen instantly.
● Long tap is now available to give quick access to “Drive to,” “Walk to,” “Share” and various lists.
● Settings reorganized to “General” “Maps & Walk” and “Drive.”
Nokia Maps for mobile v3.8 is available on the following Symbian devices: Nokia N8, Nokia C6-01, Nokia C7-00, Nokia E7-00, Nokia E6-00, Nokia X7-00.
New map data:
If your Ovi Maps predates v3.6, during installation of 3.8 your previous map data will be deleted. Please download the latest map data (after installing Ovi Maps v3.8) in order to use this release. This can be done using the following method: Pre-loading your device with map data using Ovi Suite: Make sure that you run Ovi Maps v3.8 once and download a few bytes of map data (so that the relevant files are created on your device) and then exit Maps (this is really important). Download the latest version of Ovi Suite and save data costs and time. Preload maps for whole countries and voices for navigation on your Nokia GPS phone for free with your PC.