Merriam-Webster is America’s foremost publisher of language-related reference works. The company publishes a diverse array of print products. Dictionary making at Merriam-Webster has always been an ongoing process. Even as the 1859 edition was being published, editorial work on a completely new edition was under way.
Merriam-Webster for Nokia N8 presents Medical, bilingual and monolingual dictionaries, including Merriam-Webster’s Collegiate® Dictionary, Eleventh Edition—America’s best-selling desk dictionary—and Webster’s Third New International Dictionary, Unabridged. The engine is developed in strict accordance with the design philosophy of Symbian OS platform and compatible with a wide range of modern devices. Two industry leaders have combined their efforts to provide a revolutionary combination of high-quality reference content and state-of-the-art technology for your translation needs.
Find the translation of the word in any grammatical form with help of built-in Morphology Module for English, French, Russian and Spanish languages. Enter words in any language of SlovoEd dictionary even if your phone doesn’t support it with Virtual Keyboard. Keep your Oxford dictionary always up-to-date. New Dictionary Online Update feature lets you know of updated dictionary versions available for download and you can also set up frequency of update check. Discover new dictionaries and download it directly to your device with the built-in Online dictionary catalog. Check correct word pronunciation with additional Sound Modules, containing pre-recorded voice of English, German, Spanish, Italian and French native speakers.
NEW!!! Translate not only words but also Word Combinations. Now the dictionary can translate word combinations word by word. Add unfamiliar words to flash cards and test your knowledge as many times as you wish with Flash Card Quiz. The program analyses the statistics of your answers and decide what words you have learned. (The more often you get the right answer, the more rarely you will be asked to translate this word). Find the word even if you don’t know its exact spelling using wildcards (“*”, “?”, etc.).
NEW!!! Copy entries to the clipboard. You can paste a dictionary article into your messages, e-mails, notes, etc. Read built-in help (tips) and up-to-date documentation on English, French, German, Spanish, Italian and Russian languages.
Besides, with Merriam-Webster you get:
- Irregular verbs for all English dictionaries.
- Several dictionaries installation with the various languages choice (rapid switch amongst dictionaries available, dictionary activation/deactivation option) allow you to have as many dictionary bases as you want in one Merriam-Webster
- Collection several dictionaries databases in case it has one linguistic directions
- Cross-lookup feature between articles and directions
- Search History to see the list of last 15 translations
- Dictionary interface is available in English, French, German, Spanish, Italian and Russian languages.
Contents of Download Package:
- Merriam-Webster 3.20.3.sis
- Merriam-Websters Collegiate Dictionary (11th Edition).sis
- Merriam-Webster’s Medical Dictionary.sis
- Merriam-Webster’s Pocket Dictionary.sis
- Merriam-Webster’s Soloved Dictionary.sis
- Morphology Module 2.04.sis
- SERIAL KEYS – README.txt