- 1. Why don’t I see Symbian Anna update packages in the software update client on my phone?
- 2. Why don’t I see Symbian Anna update packages in OviSuite?
- 3. Why don’t I see Symbian Anna after just having my phone updated over the air via the Software Update client?
- 4. Why can’t I download Symbian Anna application packages (Installation fails)?
- 5. Why have I lost Quickoffice and Adobe pdf reader after downloading and installing Symbian Anna?
- 6. Why do I get an error message “Phone setup: Feature not supported” after the update to Symbian Anna?
- 7. Why do I get Error 12017 when trying to update to Symbian Anna via OviSuite?
- 8. What happens if I skip the application updates (i.e. have only downloaded the operating system update) while updating to Symbian Anna?
- 9. Why do I get the message “Phone feature not supported” after the Symbian Anna upgrade?
- 10. What is included in the Symbian Anna Update ½ and 2/2 application packages?
- 11. How should I update Symbian Anna if I’m in an area with weak network coverage?We recommend to do the Symbian Anna update via Ovi Suite or via WiFi because of the update size (>80MB for over the air updates) and corresponding download times.
- 12. How do I update to Symbian Anna when my product code belongs to a “SWAP” device?
- 13. Why can’t I see the new surround icons after updating to Symbian Anna?
If a particular theme, e.g. Midnight Silver, has been installed before the software update, then the old theme by the same name will still be in use after the update. This can result in not showing the new surround icons or other theme features. To correct this, choose Menu > Settings > Themes > General and select the other Midnight Silver theme pack.
- 14. Why do I have mixed old & new icons in the menu or Homescreen after Symbian Anna update?
This happens if you have not installed the Symbian Anna application packages. Please download Symbian Anna 1/2, Symbian Anna 2/2, OviStore and Social via OviSuite or via WiFi by using the Software Client in your phone.
- 15. Why is the splitscreen Qwerty not visible when using Swype after Symbian Anna update?
You have to enable the Qwerty keyboard by opening the message view, selecting the Options button (that looks like a list) and selecting Qwerty keyboard. If you are using Swype, it might be blocking the Qwerty. Try to disable Swype and check if that solves the problem.
- 16. Why is the split screen view available in Messaging but not in Conversations after updating to Symbian Anna?
If split screen input does not appear (in latin-based languages) in conversations view then you have a conflicting conversations software in your phone. You need to remove it, it takes place via:
Settings | Application Manager |Installed Applications
– List of installed applications appears, choose Conversations, remove it.
– List of installed applications appears, choose Conversations Server, remove it.
Re-boot the device and split screen input should work after this.
- 17. Why don’t I have a splitscreen Qwerty after updating to Symbian Anna on a Chinese N8/C7/C6-01/E7?
The splitscreen Qwerty is not available for devices with a Chinese productcode/language, but will be part of the Symbian Belle update.
- 18. Why are my widgets not working after the Symbian Anna update?
If you have face this issue, please try a 8 sec reboot, by pressing and holding the powerbutton of your phone for 8 sec until you feel a buzz and the phone is restarting.
- 19. Why are my widgets slow to appear after the Symbian Anna update?
When the device is first switched on, and sometimes when a particular home screen has been inactive for some time, the widgets appear blank apart from titles and after a brief pause the correct content is displayed. This is normal behaviour and caused by the content harverster that is running in the background.
- 20. Why is Mail for Exchange (MfE) not syncing emails after the update to Symbian Anna?
After the update to Symbian Anna, some users experienced problems with MfE (errormessages: “Exchange server error. Try again later” / “Your account does not have permission to synchronize with current settings. Contact your administrator.”). To fix the problem do following steps:
1. Open Outlook web access with your PC browser, for example via https://[your domain]/owa (depending on your network) – and log into your emails.
2. In your inbox, select Options (on the top right hand corner of your screen) and then See all Options.
3. Select Phone.
4. Delete all connections by selecting the respective phone and pressing (X).
Then just go back to the Mail for Exchange client on your phone and do a sync.
If above does not help, contact Nokia Support.
- 21. Why is Ovi Store not working after the Symbian Anna update?
This problem is linked to incompatibel QT components. Please do the following:
– Install the following QT files on the C: drive of your phone in exactly this sequence
– While you install above QT files you MUST keep the following things in mind:
*Installation must be done to C: drive of the phone. If you by mistake select E: drive, you can cancel the installation and re-install again. If E: drive installation is complete, you can re-install one more time and select C: drive for installation.
*Installation order must be met. First it has to be QT (QtSA4.7.301.sisx).
– Start Ovi Store
B) Solution 2:
– Launch the File manager on your phone (Typically found: Menu -> Applications -> Office -> File mgr.)
– Choose Options -> Find -> E: Mass memory -> Root folder
– In the “Find text:” window, type “*.sisx” (without double quote) and the select find.
– It will display many sisx files starting with “TMP”. Example: TMP3efa4.sisx.
– Now select Options -> Mark multiple items and now mark all sisx starting with “TMP”.
– After marking them select Options -> Delete and delete all of them.
– Start Ovi Store
- 22. Why are my pictures slow to appear in the Gallery after the Symbian Anna update?
When the device is first switched on, the pictures in the Gallery take some time to be diplayed fully. This is normal behaviour and caused by the content harverster that is running in the background.
- 23. Why don’t I see all my pictures any more in the Photos application after updating to Symbian Anna?
The Photos application in Symbian Anna will only show the items located in the Images, Videos and DCIM folders (e.g. items captured by the user). If you have saved your pictures in a different folder, they won’t be visible after updating to Symbian Anna. If there are items that should be visible in the Photos application, move them to the Images or Videos folder on the mass memory or memory card.
- 24. Where should I copy the images and videos in my Symbian Anna phone if I want to view them in the Photos application?
Copy images to the Images folder and videos to the Videos folder on the mass memory or memory card of your Symbian Anna device if you want to view them in the Photos application.
Note that with the previous Symbian^3 software versions the Photos application showed items from all folders, so you may not be able to view some of your items any more after updating to Symbian Anna if copied to other than the above folders.
- 25. Why are my albums not shown properly after updating to Symbian Anna?
The Symbian Anna update added support for Album artist field/tag to the Music player and if any tracks on an album are missing this information, those tracks are shown individually under separate albums. To correct your music library move affected tracks to your PC, add Album artist detail to those tracks by using, for example, some tag editor application or similar functionality (Advanced Tad Editor) in the latest version of Windows Media Player, transfer tracks back to device and refresh your music library. Music ripped, for example, with latest version of Windows Media player will have correct Album artist detail in place as will music purchased/downloaded from Nokia Music Store.
For compilation albums with album artist information in the ID3 tag of a track and the same name in the track artist information, all tracks of an album are displayed as separate albums in landscape mode. This issue will be fixed in Symbian Belle.
- 25. Do you have problems with Symbian Anna & Nokia Big Screen?
If you have faced problems with Symbian Anna and Nokia Big Screen, please uninstall the old Big Screen Beta version and install a new one from Ovi via http://store.ovi.com/content/106490?clickSource=se
1. Uninstall Nokia Big Screen Beta: Go to Settings > Application Manager > Installed Apps. Long press Nokia Big Screen Beta, and then Select Uninstall and “Yes” for all enquiries. After uninstallation, please make sure that all Big Screen related files are removed. If not, uninstall all packages starting with “Nokia big screen….” separately.
2. Install Nokia Big Screen from Ovi via http://store.ovi.com/content/106490?clickSource=se
- 26. Why have I lost Quickoffice and Adobe pdf reader after downloading and installing Symbian Anna?
It’s crucial that you not only download the operating system but also the Symbian Anna application packages. They are available via Ovi Suite update or over the air (depending on your country and operator) as well. The package called Symbian Anna 1/2 contains the Quickoffice and pdf reader, and Symbian Anna 2/2 contains other important service updates, so we recommend updating everything you see in Ovi Suite or the Software Update client.
- 27. Why is my GPS very slow after the update to Symbian Anna?
This can be fixed by changing the settings in the Assisted GPS server. Do the following steps:
• Select Menu > Settings > Application Settings > Positioning > Positioning server > Server Settings.
• It shows: 1 supl.nokia.com.
• By tapping that, it shows: Server address* Supl.nokia.com and Only in home network Yes.
• Switch Only in home network to No.
This setting should be set to No, because otherwise if you are in a different network than your home network your phone will not use GPS assistance, which results in a long wait to get a GPS fix.
- 28. How can I reduce the battery consumption after updating to Symbian Anna?
The increased battery life is most often caused by WiFi connections being active all the time. One application that is often connected to this is Microsoft Office Communicator that has to be closed properly via “Sign out” to also cut the connection (“exit” will leave the connection still open). Same applies for the Social client: If you sign out and exit the Social Client, then the WiFi connection will be cut as well.
- 29. Why don’t I have a Games folder on my N8/C7/C6-01/E7 despite updating to Symbian Anna?
The extra Games folder is part of the individual country & operator customization of your phone and not available for every variant.
- 30. What is the “Signal Booster” icon that is visible after the update to Symbian Anna in the Applications folder?
This icon is part of some Unlicensed Mobile Access (UMA) software for certain customers and will vanish as soon as your phone configuration is initialized properly after the update.
- 31. Why is the connection pop up missing after updating to Symbian Anna?
As part of the Symbian Anna update the Connection pop up is removed. Meaning, once you connect to your operator internet or similar, there won’t be any pop up visible anymore.
- 32. Why don’t I see subtitles anymore In the video player after the update to Symbian Anna?
The subtitle support is part of the Symbian Anna application packages. Once you install those, the subtitles will be displayed again.
- 33. Why does my E7 display stay black when I make or receive a call after the Symbian Anna update?
This issue is a defect in your phone’s hardware. The shortterm solution is to open the slide and your display will be enabled again. For a full fix please contact your local Nokia Care Point.
- 34. What happens to paid licenses for Quickoffice and Adobe? Will the license still be valid after the Symbian Anna update?
Symbian Anna includes the full license for Quickoffice and Adobe. Once the mandatory application package (Symbian Anna 1/2) is downloaded, the Quickoffice and Adobe will function normally.
Connection settings with Symbian Anna:
- 35. Is network mode set back to “dual mode” after Symbian Anna update?
Yes, after the update, the network mode will be “Dual mode”, regardless of the previous choice. If needed, choose Menu->Settings->Connectivity->Network->Network mode and choose “GSM” again.
- 36. Data use in home country reverts to SIM default value after Symbian Anna update
After the Symbian Anna update, the Data use in home country will be the SIM default value defined by the operator, regardless of the previous choice. If needed, choose Menu > Settings > Connectivity > Settings > Data use in home country and choose another option.
Note: With the automatic setting, additional costs may occur, depending on the operator billing scheme.