People can download WhatsApp for the new Nokia Asha 501, 500, 502 and 503 for free, following the over-the-air software update that will start to roll out this week. WhatsApp lets you message friends using your 2G or Wi-Fi connection, so you don’t pay SMS fees and keep costs as low as possible.
After you download Whats App and log in for the first time using your new Nokia Asha, your phone will automatically find and add contacts who are already using the messaging service.
Just as easy as text messaging
And once you’ve logged in, messaging with WhatsApp is every bit as simple as sending a regular text message – just pick the person you want to chat to, type your message, and hit ‘send’.
It’s easy to add emoticons to your messages, spicing things up a bit, and you can add photographs and video files. Or, you can easily record and send voice messages.
With message notifications appearing on your Nokia Asha when somebody gets in touch, using WhatsApp really does feel like using any other feature that was pre-installed on the phone, rather than a third-party app. You’ll also be able to see Whats App activity via Fastlane, the second home screen that acts as a shortcut to favourite apps and content, and features on all Asha Platform devices.
Whats App is now available for the Nokia Asha 501 and will come pre-installed on the Nokia Asha 500, Asha 502 and Asha 503 Dual SIM when those phones start selling later this year.
How to Install WhatsApp on Nokia Asha 501, 502, 500 and 503?
You may have already received a notification to update your Asha 501’s software, but if not, we’ve got a quick to-do list so you can get going right away:
- Go to “settings” then “phone update”.
- Use mobile data to check for the update. Make sure you’re on Wifi to make the process as fast and smooth as possible.
- Press “update” and presto – you will see the download progress, which takes just a few minutes.
- When the update is done, a Whats App launcher will appear on your home screen. Press this to download and install the full app.
- Alternatively after updating the phone software you can download and install the Whats App messenger application from the links below.
If you are looking for WhatsApp for your Nokia Symbian Belle Smartphone, you can surely get it from WhatsApp for Nokia Symbian link.