This tutorial guide will help you to flash your Nokia 808 PureView with Phoenix under Windows XP / Vista / Seven either with custom firmwares or official firmwares in case you have messed up your phone’s firmware during the official update process either via Nokia Suite or due to any other reason.
Warning: Follow this guide at your own risk, in case anything goes wrong with your device, 808 Fan Club will not be held responsible. We have tested this process several times and it worked for us 100%. We have created the video tutorial guide, watch the video carefully and follow the simple steps. If you are not familiar with the terms like: Phoenix, NaviFirm, Nokia Suite, Flashing, Dead USB Flashing, this guide isn’t for you! This flashing guide is also applicable for other Symbian Belle / Nokia Belle smart phones, including N8, E7, C7, C6-01, 701, 603, 700 and 808. (If you are going to flash any other smart phone using this tutorial guide, make sure to change the firmware’s RM folder accordingly. RM version can be found on your phone’s back under the battery. For 808 its RM-807, for N8, its RM-596 and for others please locate it yourself)
Steps to follow:
Steps to follow:
- Download and install latest Nokia Suite (skip this step if your PC has already latest version installed)
- Download and install latest Phoenix Service Suite 2012.24.000.48366_latest.exe
- (Make sure to Disable Anti-Virus Application on your Windows based PC to avoid dongle errors)
- You can download the default firmware either with NaviFirm (download the official firmware after looking-up for your device’s product code by dialing *#0000# from the dialer) or you can look-up for your favorite custom firmware for Nokia 808 PureView.
- Place the official or custom firmware files in one of the following paths according to your Windows version.
- For Windows 32bit version: C:\Program Files\Nokia\Phoenix\Products\RM-807\
- For Windows 64bit version: C:\Program Files (x86)\Nokia\Phoenix\Products\RM-807\
- Run the Phoenix on your Windows PC and follow further steps from the video tutorial
We have shown two ways of flashing in our video tutorial:
1. USB Flashing in Nokia Suite Mode (your 808 PureView must be powered ON and connected via USB cable in Nokia Suite Mode)
2. Dead USB Flashing – usually used when you have messed up your device flashing the custom firmware (your 808 PureView must be switched-off, you must not connect the USB cable until and unless there appears a dialog box as shown below, once this dialog box pops up, immediately plug in the USB cable and at once push the power button on your device and then HIT OK, flashing process would initiate suddenly)