Nokia Pulse brings your everyday conversations to life by automatically tagging photos and updates with your location. Every conversation, from pickups and drop-offs to meet-ups, is as instant, private, and simple as sending a text, but far more useful and engaging. Nokia Pulse is integrated with Maps, so finding people nearby, discovering new places, and getting directions is a snap.
- Keep it Private. Keep it Personal. Keep it Real.
- Private check in All your conversations stay private and safe
- Photo check in Automatically tag your location to all your photo updates
- Private by Default No complicated privacy settings needed
- One tap and they know where you are. Two taps to get you there.
- Bring your favorite places to life Post a favorite place to a conversation
- Discover whats nearby Make and view recommendations of nearby places of interest
- Getting there is a snap Get directions directly from the recommended place
- Your Family. Your People. You Decide.
- Instant: Receive instant on-device notifications of all new updates
- Open: Everyone with an email address can participate
- Easy: Sending and receiving messages with Nokia Pulse is as easy as SMS
- Powered by the cloud: Your conversations are saved in the cloud for as long as you need them
- Accessible from anywhere: Nokia Pulse is available on multiple touch-points – desktop web, mobile web, and Symbian devices.
Desktop web compatibility:
- Fully tested and known to work well on Win7/Firefox 3.6 – IE8 – Chrome 14.
- It may work on the following browsers that support geo-location (we continue to test and verify):
- Internet Explorer v9.0 and newer
- Firefox v3.5 and newer
- Safari v5.0 and newer
- Chrome v5.0 and newer
- Opera v10.60 and newer
- Pulse is not supported on Win XP/IE7 or iPad.
Mobile web compatibility:
To get the most out of Nokia Pulse, your mobile browser must support geo-location. It is tested and known to work well on Symbian Belle & Windows Phone 7, but we much prefer you download the app instead. Many mobile browsers without geo-location will work with limited available features (we continue to test and verify). Not yet fully supported on iPhone or Nokia N9.
Known issues for web:
The “view on map” link may not work as expected with all supported browsers. We are working to address this issue. Mobile app instructions listed below if you have added a compatible device to your profile.
- Fully tested and known to work well on the following devices. Should also work on other Symbian^3, Symbian Anna, and Symbian Belle (we continue to test and verify).
- Symbian Belle: Nokia 700 (111.020.0308) & Nokia 701 (111.010.1009)
- Symbian Anna: N8 (022.014)
- Symbian^3: N8 (014.002)
Known issues for Symbian:
* In order for Pulse to access location, the user must have opened the Maps app and accepted terms and conditions.
* You may be prompted to log in with your Nokia Account credentials twice during setup. This is a known issue. If you select ‘Remember me’, you will not see this problem again.
* Due to the potentially large size of dependencies, installation can take quite some time. It is strongly recommended to install using WiFi connection.
* There are some intermittient issues with virtual keyboard; keys may overlay the screen improperly, or text fills in right-left unexpectedly.
* If you still have the previous version of Pulse (0.91.6), upcoming versions of Nokia Store (3.2.044 or greater) will break Pulse functionality in your device. You need to update Pulse to the latest version (0.91.21).
* A few users have reported Pulse crashes when loading a picture from Gallery in portrait mode, but it does not crash in landscape mode.
- ability to sign-in with Facebook credentials
- now easier to add people to your groups with auto-complete names/matches and other improvements
- edit your user profile, name and photo
- better integration with Nokia Maps, and tappable location stamps