ComingNext is a calendar homescreen widget for the Nokia N97. It sports a dual panel mode where each panel can display 4 upcomming events. The widget can be customized to your needs easily
The widget ties into your devices calendar to show up to 4 upcoming entries right there on your homescreen. The .zip file includes 2 copies of the widget, too, so that you can have up to 8 upcoming entries, which is freakin sweet.
The best part of ComingNext, though, is the vast amount of user-changeable settings available. You can click the image to the right to see the full list of settings. As you can see, not only can you control the various colors and labels and whatnot, but you can also change whichcalendar application the widget launches! This means if you use a more powerful calendar application, like SBSH Calendar or Handy Calendar, you can program ComingNext to launch that, rather than the default built-in calendar application
You can now use the “ComingNext Skin Fetcher” tool to generate a background based your currently used theme & wallpaper.
You can use it like this:
1. install “ComingNext Skin Fetcher” on your phone
2. start it on your phone and click on “Generate”. It will ask you for the positions of the ComingNext widgets on the homescreen.
3. In the ComingNext widget, enable the “use background image” option and set “background image location” to “external”
- fixed 12h time format not being used anymore on Anna devices
- fixed weekday display (for real this time) on Symbian Anna and Belle devices
- improved font scaling (resolves text overflow on Symbian Belle devices which
- use a different system font)
- improved error handling: don’t break widget when a system backup is made – updated included “Skin Fetcher” tool to version 1.5 (which now properly supports N8-00, E7-00, C6-00, C6-01, C7-00, C7 Astound, X7-00, T7-00 and 500)
Click below to download