* it handles classical business and finance calculations, including loans, annuities, compounded growth, margins, discounted cash flows, net present value… and also bond calculations. Calculations are handled in clever templates (20 available), which work like solvers in a spreadsheet and are particularly useful for repeat calculations and “what if” simulations.
* it includes a currency converter where the exchange rates of up to 48 currencies are stored. You can select the 48 currencies out of a list of more than 100, and display them in the order you want, on several pages. Exchange rates can be updated directly via an internet connection (disclaimer).
* it is a functions calculator with 48 functions, which you can program to do just any mathematical calculation you decide, with one or more variables.
* it features a days calculator and a “percentages for dummies” module. A dedicated module helps you calculate the tip on a restaurant bill and share between several guests…
* it is also a plain vanilla hand calculator, which can be operated in standard algebraic mode or in RPN mode (Reverse Polish Notation).
How many times in a day do you open a calculator for a simple percentage calculation? How many times do you need to re-do the same calculation, changing one figure only? Too much for an ordinary calculator, and too little for a fully fledged spreadsheet… Now you can do it the clever way on your smartphone: open one of the BusFin screens of Finanz, enter 2, 3 or 4 data, and let Finanz calculate the missing number, with the minimal number of key strokes.
The good news is that if you want to change one data and re-do the calculation, you will also do it with a minimal number of strokes. And you can “reverse” any calculation, like with the “solver” of a spreadsheet: “what should this parameter be, if I want the result to be this instead of that, all other things being equal…?” Each screen of Finanz operates like a little spreadsheet, where each cell can be alternatively a data entry cell and a calculated cell.
Currency conversion: enter a number, highlight one of the currency buttons and press OK. The amount is instantly converted in the 47 other currencies (on most other converters you would need to select currency A first, then currency B, before you can do anything). Exchange rates are updated via internet connection on a simple menu command.
DCF (Discounted Cash Flows) analysis: create a list of dated cash flows and calculate Internal Rate of Return (IRR) and Net Present Value (NPV). You can easily create fixed amount regular cash flows (monthly, quarterly or annual) and add exceptional amounts at any date, then modify and re-do the calculations…
Version 3.06 makes best use of the screen space on touch screen phones, including the Nokia N97 and N97 mini and the latest Nokia N8.
Click below to download