In cooperation with Sesame Workshop – the creators of Sesame Street – Nokia Research Center has created a new interactive book experience. Elmo from Sesame Street is an interactive story time participant listening to the story along with the child. Elmo asks questions relevant to each page to encourage children to talk more about the book. Research has shown that the more kids talk about a book during the reading experience, the better their vocabulary development. We encourage parents to use this application to read more with their children.
● Animated Elmo content for each page
● Audio narration with text highlighting
● Page index to jump to specific pages of the book
● Improved text highlighting performance to be in sync with narration
● Improved layout (especially on the E6)
● Improved installer: smart installer integration for GStreamer and Glib libraries
The first book of this kind, called 100th Day of School, is available for Symbian^3 phones. Support for Symbian^1 phones may come later.
This application is developed using the Qt development framework as well as an experimental port of the GStreamer open source multimedia framework with DRM support to the Symbian^3 platform. The Symbian multimedia backend of this application was developed by the Multimedia Middleware Team in Bangalore, India. Similar multimedia support for Symbian^1 is still a work in progress.
Notice that the installer will install several different packages to your phone (as can be seen in Settings -> Application Manager -> Installed apps):
● 100th Day of School : the application
● Gstreamer : Open Source Media Framework
● Open C GLIBRARY Patch : Glib – a Gstreamer dependency
● Nokia Smart Installer : This is included for Qt and Qt-Mobility installations
● Formatting issues on the Nokia E6
● Application volume control may effect music player volume settings
● Only compatible with Symbian^3 devices
● Only available in English
Click below to download