Update: Symbian Anna Update with Split Screen is available over here, download it and follow the flashing procedure mentioned below. (Skip the 2nd step under Basic Requirements if you have downloaded this update from the link above)
b. This flashing process has been tested on Win XP 32 bit and Windows 7 32 Bit
c. Its better to turn off antivirus while flashing
d. and make sure you are not downgrading i.e flashing the lower version than the current device version (It will make your phone dead) (For instance you have Symbian Anna Firmware PR 2.0 and you are flashing with firmware version PR 1.2, in that case you will brick your phone)
Features of Hacked Symbian ANNA PR 2.0 for Nokia N8:
- It has English language only.
- Its fast and responsive.
- Portrait QWERTY keyboard Included (Split Screen not yet implemented)
- Browser Updated to v7.3
- Improved Icons
- Improved Copy and Paste Functionality
- Long press on any icon in the menu will enable the organize menu
- You can update to the official version which would be available at the End of August via Phoenix
- You can flash it on any Nokia N8 with any Product code
- Its already Hacked (You can install apps / games without any certificate error on this firmware)
Bugs and Limitations (Will be fixed / made available in the final Symbian Anna update that would be available in Late August)
- The Contacts and Messaging does not work too well. You need to save the exact number with + country code in your contacts for the messages to be named accordingly. (Thanks for pointing out laBlueBoy)
- Doesn’t have Split Screen Keyboard.
- Doesn’t have Continuous AutoFocus mode in Video Camera
If you wish to download NON-HACKED firmware – Click here and follow the same instructions given below
iii.) Turn off your Antivirus, install the Pheonix which u have downloaded from the above link and restart ur system…
Now u r ready for flashing, follow the brief steps below CAREFULLY to avoid frustration and problems…
Preparation for Flashing with Phoenix
1. Copy paste the hacked Symbian Anna (PR 2.0) firmware files which u have already downloaded to C:/Program Files/Nokia/Phoenix/Products/RM-596/
2. Connect ur device Nokia N8 through Ovi Suite and wait if any drivers’ installation is in progress.
3. When driver installation in done and it shows that drivers are up-to-date, then execute Phoenix (better right click and run as administrator)
5. Go to Manage Connection > USBx – RM-xxx
7. Go to Flashing > Firmware Update > Choose your product code (05xxxxx)
8. Press Refurbish button!
13. Wait until flashing process completes… And then, u r Done!!!