CameraPro processes images in background, so you can capture more images directly after taking a picture. But CameraPro provides 100% quality (=raw jpeg) by default which results in up to 5 times larger image sizes (like 10 MB instead of 2 MB). Thus sometimes CameraPro can be a little bit slower than the built in camera when taking pictures with 100% quality. Taking pictures with CameraPro seems to be slower than with the built-in camera application!
Does CameraPro hack or alter the camera firmware in any way?
No, CameraPro is a stand-alone application which provides the same, or even better, quality and features as some hacks (e.g. HyperX) available but without altering the camera firmware nor the built-in camera app settings.
How can I take pictures in 16:9 format?
When you are in photo mode, please goto “Settings” and change the image size to e.g. “4000×2248”.
How can I record videos?
To switch to video mode goto the “Camera Mode” menu item and select “Video mode”. Video recording is started with the same buttons as used for image capturing.
CameraPro offers powerful access to N8 camera and video: 11x near continuous digital zoom, raw jpeg stream, flash, whitebalance, exposure(compensation), brightness, contrast, saturation, sharpness, effects(negativ,…), virtual horizon, compass, anti-shake, time lapse, bracket(HDR), continuous autofocus, macro, manual ISO, presets, self timer, burst shooting, HD video (15,25,30 fps), expert video with custom frame sizes, bitrate, video/audio codec, frame rates.
List of Features
Please note that features have little variation due to different hardware used in various phone models. For instance not all phones have a compass sensor.
– Quick access (one-tap) to all functions
– Near Continuous Digital Zoom
– Raw jpeg stream (raw data received from camera)
– Various flash modes
– Exposure modes and compensation
– Image Controls: Brightness, Contrast, Saturation, Sharpness
– Effects: negative, sepia, black/white, natural, …
– Shooting assistance: virtual horizon, compass, sparse- and dense grids
– Camera modes: anti-shake, time lapse, bracket (for HDR), self-timer, burst shooting
– Macro modes
– Manual ISO level
– Presets (to store and load custom settings)
– Background processing: pictures are stored in background (allows faster shooting)
– Video mode with different frame rates (15, 25, 30)
– Expert video mode to gain full access to video features of phone
Click below to download