Looking for a simple and easy to use RSS reader to manage news feeds on your Symbian^3 or S60 5th Edition device? Reader pushes your favorite news feeds to your homescreen allowing you to quickly catch up on current events.
This useful application is easy to setup: Just select your favorite feeds from a pre-populated list of the major news sources or add a new feed by typing the website address and Reader will search for the RSS feed. And thanks to push notifications, battery consumption is modest and content is always fresh.
– Uses push notifications
– Content directory
– Homescreen widget
– Supports Nokia Account
Nokia C6-01,Nokia C7-00,Nokia E7-00,Nokia N8,Nokia N8-00.
Changelog: 08/03/2011 Nokia Reader 1.0.1 – a bug fix release for Symbian^3 devices
– Correction for the problems with Nokia account.
– Improvements for the connectivity issues experienced with Nokia Reader version 1.0b.
Note: Before installing Reader 1.0.1 beta you must first install Ovi Notifications Support Package (ONSP) v1.1.11106.
When you install the ONSP package these components will be installed to phone memory (C: drive):
– Ovi Notifications Support Package 1.1.11106
– Notifications (SIS installer for Notifications application) 1.0.0
– NoName (Notifications application)
– ovi-shared 1.0.0
– ssoui-shared 1.0.0
– SSOUsernameWidget 0.6.14052
Please note that Single-sign-on (SSO) components can not be uninstalled after installing.
1) Install Ovi Notifications Support Package. When the installation is complete wait for 20-30 seconds and there will be another installation popup for SSO. Continue with the installation.
2) Once the SSO is installed there will be another installation pop up for Ovi Shared widget. Continue with the installation.
3) After the “ovi shared” package last installation popup will appear for SSO-UI shared widget. Continue with the installation.
4) Install Reader 1.0.1 beta.