b. Uninstalling is only possible after the first Restart of phone!
c. The internal file manager does not show the system folder (have deliberately left out)
d. This flashing process has been tested on Win XP 32 bit and Windows 7 32 Bit
e. Its better to turn off antivirus while flashing
f. Press *#0000# to see your Product Code
g. In photos, RM-596 FW is taken as an example, u can take any Symbian device and firmware
h. and make sure you are not downgrading i.e flashing the lower version than the current device version (It will make your phone dead) (For instance you have firmware version 14.2 and you are flashing with firmware version 13.1, in that case you will brick your phone)
i. make sure you are not flashing an edited rofs2 or rofs3… (You have to use overwrite trick for flashing with hacked UDA, more details are mentioned at Step no 10)
ii.) Open NaviFirm which u downloaded from the above link, select your device + product code [see note f] and download the following 9 files (while downloading, focus on the extensions, which I have mentioned in bold letters below and keep an extra backup of these Original Files):
1. 0×0-0xxxx0_Pxxxx_00x.xml (Type Label Configuration)
2. 0xxxx0vx.pcx (Type Label Picture)
6. RM-xxx_014.002_Uxx.xx_79.92_prd.uda.fpsx (Content)
Sometimes it may not show you the 9 files which is mentioned above and may show only 6 files… In this case try to switch between the Nokia Care and Product External, as sometimes one of these source will have full files… See an example below for understanding:
Now u r ready for flashing, follow the brief steps below CAREFULLY to avoid frustration and problems…
Brief steps of flashing to solve the crc checksum error:
1. Rename the provided uda file to your uda file name ‘RM-xxx_014.002_U0x.0x_xx.xx_prd.uda.fpsx’
2. Copy paste the original 9 firmware files which u have downloaded through NaviFirm to C:/Program Files/Nokia/Phoenix/Products/RM-xxx/
3. Connect ur device (C7/N8/E7/xx) through Ovi Suite and wait if any drivers’ installation is in progress
4. When driver installation in done and it shows that drivers are up-to-date, then execute Phoenix (better right click and run as administrator)
5. Go to Manage Connection > USBx – RM-xxx
7. Go to Flashing > Firmware Update > Choose your product code (05xxxxx)
8. Press Refurbish button!
11. Copy paste the provided CFW / hacked UDA file (that has been renamed) to C:/Program Files/Nokia/Phoenix/Products/RM-xxx/ and overwrite it. If its not over written, probably you have to rename it according to the original firmware UDA.
12. Now come back to Phoenix and press ‘YES’…
13. Wait until flashing process completes… And then, u r Done!!!
What if your Nokia N8 becomes Dead after following this procedure? Don’t worry still you can recover back using Dead USB mode in Phoenix. All you have to do is to follow the simple steps mentioned here.
Download Instructions - Video Guide