With this app you can:
– to control current track: play, stop, next, etc.
– to control play mode: random, repeat, etc.
– to see current cover art & track info
– to see and manage current playlist
Download and install the latest VideoLan Player on your PC.
2. Easy Setup:
- Download the vlc.zip file
- Go to “<directory_of_vlc>” and copy the files of the vlc.zip into that directory => Replace two existing (hidden?) files (.hosts located in “http” folder; status.xml located in “http/requests” folder)
- Now open the VLC Player and open “Tools >> Preferences
- Select “Show settings *All” in the bottom left corner
- Select “Interface >> Main interfaces“
- Make sure in the Drop-Down menu for main interfaces “Default” is selected => Don’t select “Http remote control interface” unless you don’t want to have a graphical interface for VLC, just the web control
- Select in the group “Extra interface modules” “Http remote control interface” => This enables the web interface automatically on VLC-startup as an extra interface
- Save the settings and restart VLC
- Go to http://localhost:8080/requests/status.xml (default port of VLC) to check if the web interface is working
- Go to http://[ip-address]:8080/requests/status.xml (default port of VLC) to check if the web interface is working for another device => If it doesn’t work the security settings in the “.host” file are bad – overwrite the file with the “.hosts” file in vlc.zip
- See this Video for more information: